Sunday, April 10, 2011

Project Kids Room - All Finished!

We finished the kids room today!  We had them spend the weekend with grandma, so that we could surprise them with all of the new changes to their room.  I absolutely love how it turned out!

Here is Megan's side of the room:
 We got her a canopy for her bed, to add a princess type vibe, got a valance for the window that is pink & purple & has jewels dangling from the bottom, &  I made the twin size comforter for her bed.

 I made the mirror on the wall with stick on jewels, scrapbooking stickers,  glued feather boas all the way around the outside of it.  I made the letters with her name to put on the wall too.  We hung up a hanging rack, so that she can hang her jackets or necklaces, or just what ever she wants.

Below is a close up of the comforter fabric.  It's little crown's & tiara's.


Joshua loves baseball, so we did a baseball theme for his side of the room.  I took his first baseball jersey & put it in a poster frame.  My husband painted the frame red for me to match the color scheme I was going for.  He also painted the shelves red, & the hanging rack red as well.   I got a picture frame & added some scrapbooking stickers to it & a picture of Josh (the pic to the left of the jersey).  On his shelves are his baseball trophy's & 2 of the game balls he was given for being MVP of the game.  I got a couple of plastic cases to keep the balls in. The baseball picture frame I found on clearance & had to get it.  I put a picture of Joshua pitching in his first game this season.  I made a pennant out of felt with his current team name & current jersey number (hanging to the right of the shelves) & I made the twin size comforter for his bed which is also in a baseball theme.



We found a wooden bat to hang up & lucked out by finding some red hooks to hang it up with.  For the closet we just used some fabric shower curtains.  It used to have some wooden doors, but they are a real pain in the butt, so we took them out.




This is just a close up of the fabric I used to make Joshua's comforter.

It took a lot of work & we finished with just about an hour to spare before the kids came back home.  They love it, now we will see just how long they can keep it clean for LOL.

4 comments:

  1. It looks so amazing! So much better in person. You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I'm sure the kids do too! It turned out fantastic.... Cam says it's really cool too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Jess what a fabulous room! Your kids are so lucky to have such an amazing mom! Great job on the room, it turned out terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy wow!! I don't know how I missed this. The room turned out SO great! It's amazing how you fit two totally different themes together so well. It just looks so cool!! Lucky kiddos!

    ReplyDelete