Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Project Kids Room - Decorations

Today I have been working on some things to put in the kids room.

 I made some letters to hang on the wall for my daughter.  I still have to get some ribbon to hang them but here are the letters:

I bought wooden letters at Walmart,  painted them & then realized that I really should have sanded them down a bit. After the paint dried, I sanded them down, & then repainted them again.


This is after I added the purple designs:

& here they are all finished with the painting & a coat of gloss:




I bought this mirror & added stickers to it...jewel stickers for all around the base & some scrapbooking type stickers to put on the actual mirror part. Don't mind the mirror view LOL it's in a closet, so that my daughter won't see it until I put it in her room.


For my son, I bought a cheap picture frame that is the same color as his bed will be.  It had a matting inside the frame, so I bought some scrapbooking stickers & embellished the mat with them & then added one of his pictures.

3 comments:

  1. So cute Jess! You did a FABULOUS job on the Megan as well! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Are you going to decorate their rooms while they are in school so it's a total surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects look so awesome!! You did awesome, they're going to be so excited!

    ReplyDelete