Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trina's Costume

I have finally finished Trina's costume.   Her pants were something she has had in her closet for awhile now.  She got them at a thrift store while shopping with my mom LOL.  They are black sequin pants & they now finally have a purpose.  For her top part of the costume, I started with an old long sleeve black shirt.  I found some shiny fabric that I liked at the store, cut it and used fabric glue to secure it to the chest area of the shirt.  I used the same shiny fabric to run along the edge of an old cape that we had in our halloween costume box.  I sewed the cape to the shirt so it wouldn't have to be tied around the neck to be worn.

I made large spikes out of silver costume fabric.  I took the fabric and cut it into triangles, sewed each side together inside out, and then when I was finished I turned them right side out & stuffed them with some pillow stuffing.  I made the shoulder pieces with  a sheet of thin foam and covered it with silver costume fabric.  I bent it into an arch shape and used glue and silver brads to hold it in place (the brads also added to the look of the costume).  I attached the spikes onto the shoulder pieces by hand sewing them on.  I then sewed by hand the shoulder pieces onto the black shirt.  I had some stretchy silver fabric that I used to attach some more spikes too & then attached the whole piece onto the sleeve of the black shirt.

The gloves we bought at the store.

Here are the results of the top:



No comments:

Post a Comment