Saturday, October 2, 2010

Megan's Costume Jacket

I have been working on this jacket off and on for the past few weeks.  I have been super busy & have just been doing a bit here and there, while also working on the other costume pieces as well.

I found this fake leather jacket at a thrift store for 3 bucks.



I used silver fabric paint:



I took pieces of some fake leather type fabric and cut them into star shapes.  I glued sequins all over the star cut outs and then attached them to the arms of the jacket with some hot glue.  I had to sew by hand around the corners and some edges to make them stay on the jacket.


Here is the finished product so far.  I am still deciding if there is anything more I want to add to it.






EDITED TO ADD:  I was done, but decided to add a few more things to the jacket.  I added some silver brads along the bottom of the jacket, the wrists, and on the collar.











This is the Jacket I was trying to make it look similar too:

No comments:

Post a Comment