Thursday, September 23, 2010

Joshua's Costume

Here is what I have done so far on Joshua's costume.  I bought a long sleeve black leotard at walmart, some costume fabric at Joann's, the pants from Jc Penney, the little bling bling dots I also got at Joann's.  I love the dots because they are sticky, so I just pop them on where ever I want them to go and they seem to be staying on fantastically.

On the leotard I glued some fabric on the arms and some of the bling dots here and there.  Then I made the piece that goes over the leotard with costume fabric.  I glued & sewed it together.  I then cut some foam, covered it in the costume fabric, and attached it to the shoulder area on both sides.

For his pants, I just stuck on bling dots for the parts of the leg that will be showing.  I haven't decided yet, but I may also attach some sort of black cape to the back of his costume as well.

Here are the pants with the added bling bling dots:



Here is the leotard as I am starting to add the fabric stripes on the arms:



Making the piece that goes over the leotard:





Here is his costume, pretty much finished:




This is a picture of what I was going by to make the costume:





It's not exactly the same, but I'm just trying to get it as close to it as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment