Saturday, March 12, 2011

Corvette Diner

 


What a fun place!  We went out to eat tonight at Corvette Diner in San Diego.  It's a 50's throw-back type restaurant & the waitresses/waiters dress up in 50's attire including poodle skirts, bouffant & bee hive hair do's etc...  They had loud 50's music playing which was great to sing along to & at certain points through out the time we were there, the waitresses would come together and sing & dance to certain songs.  It was a lot of fun to clap & sing along.


It's a pretty busy place for a Saturday night & we did end up waiting for a little over an hour before being seated at a table.  The place was packed & there were tons of people outside waiting too.  They came out & gave my kids game cards to play a couple of games each in the game room they have, which was really nice!  It helped to pass a little bit of the wait time.


Our waitress was awesome!  She was super nice, fun, & great with the kids.  She used straws to make cute/fun hair designs for my girls & they thought it was great.  She also recommended for me an awesome milk shake!!  OMG it was sooooo good!  It was chocolate, banana, & peanut butter, & it was fantastic!  I couldn't stop drinking it LOL.





The menu had quite a bit of different food, but we decided to try out burgers tonight.  Well Megan actually had grilled cheese & Joshua had spaghetti with meatballs, but My husband, my oldest daughter Trina, & I all had burgers.  We all actually got the same burger LOL.  We decided to try something a little different....they have a burger called the Rory burger.  The description for the Rory Burger is: our money back guaranteed to please burger with peanut butter, bacon, lettuce & mayo (Elvis would love this one). 
Yes, Peanut butter LOL.  It was a good burger, & it was neat to try something new & different.  I don't know if I would ever order one again, but I was glad that I did try it.  The burger also came with fries & it was really a lot of food.  

It was just a really fun place to be & it was hard to not be happy & smile there.  Corvette Diner is definitely a place we would like to go to from time to time or special occasions.



3 comments:

  1. that looks like it was a blast! how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun restaurant! I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you got my favorite shake! I love that one. Glenn ALWAYS gets a Rory. LOL

    ReplyDelete