Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Cents Tuesday!

Texting while driving.....Just Don't Do It!  It amazes me how many people I see driving & texting.  Just this past Friday, we were driving in prime time traffic & there was a girl texting in a car next to us.  Not only was she texting, but both hands were on her phone...not on the steering wheel, but on her phone. She was paying attention to what she was doing on her phone & not the road.  She did the typical speed up & slow down routine that most of them do as well.   This went on for a really long time.  All it would take is hitting one pot hole in the road and she could have been out of control crashing into us or any other random car near her.  People need to understand that they CAN kill someone, by texting & driving.  Can you even imagine living with the fact that you have killed someone over a silly phone conversation that could have just waited a few minutes?  If it's important, pull off the road and park.   I have heard people say how they have no problem doing it & it doesn't impair their driving etc....  I'm sorry, but I don't care how great you think you are at texting & driving, why would you even take a chance?  Is it really worth the consequences?  How about don't be so selfish & think of the others out there that could be a victim of yours someday?    That's my Two Cents!

4 comments:

  1. What about texting at a stop light or when you're literally stopped in traffic? Just curious on your thoughts on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I couldn't agree with you more. Not only texting and driving, but just the risks people take while driving in general. I cannot tell you the number of times I've had someone speed around me and nearly cut over into my car to pass for no reason at all (and I drive the speed limit, it's not like I'm sitting still), it's just not ok to take risks with other people's lives. There is nowhere you need to be that quickly, and there is no one you need to text that badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, if your stopped then your not driving. If someone's tires are rolling, then I hope they are paying attention to the road LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. I will admit that I do text when sitting at lights, but when the light turns green, i put my phone down and wait for the next red light before I finish my text. And, I only really do that if it's something I have to say before I get to where I am going...like asking my husband what he wants from Taco Bell...ahahah!
    Really though, I HATE when I see people texting and driving. I dont care HOW good you think you are. You arent as good at it as you think.

    ReplyDelete