Monday, March 21, 2011

Meal Time Monday!

This weeks Meal Time Monday dish is Salmon, asparagus, & a salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

This was our dinner this past Saturday night.  I took some salmon & placed it skin side down on some aluminum foil.  Then remembered I should spray the foil, so that the fish doesn't stick LOL.  So I sprayed the foil & then placed the salmon back down.   I made a marinade of sorts with 2 tbls olive oil, 2 tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice, about a tsp of fresh crushed garlic, 1/4 tsp of salt, & a pinch of black pepper.  I mixed all of that together and then brushed it all over the top of the salmon.  I then took some lemon slices and placed them on top of the salmon and then  I folded the tin foil over the fish closing it up.

I took some fresh asparagus spears and placed them on the same pan as the salmon.  I drizzled some olive oil on top & also put on some sea salt.  I cooked them both together on 350 for about 20 minutes.

For the salad dressing, I mixed 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar,  1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, & 1/8 tsp pepper.  I put it in a container with a lid and shook it all up.  I used 2 tbls of the dressing for each salad.  The salad was just a prepackaged bag of mixed lettuce & I added on some grape tomatoes.

The salmon was delicious!!!  The asparagus was tasty, but I think I learned a lesson....I need to cut a part of the ends off, because they are very unpleasant to eat & are very chewy LOL.  Other that that the taste of the asparagus was great.   The salad dressing we didn't love at all.  It was ok, but I don't think it's something I would want to have again unless I had no other choice ROFL.

4 comments:

  1. I love asparagus but haven't actually tried cooking it myself yet! Your pic is gorgeous and i love the little "meal Time monday" icon. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like my dream meal! Looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Nice presentation, too!

    ReplyDelete